Saturday, July 14, 2012

Our Home To Yours

Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life blog. We had a rubber stamp show here in Pittsburgh this week-end. I traveled out to the convention center and spent about 3 1/2 hours looking around and of course making some purchases.

One vendor had all the Cheery Lynn dies on display and she was doing some great demos with the dies. I decided not to buy any stamps or paper but the dies are another story. I did get a few of the ones that were on my wish list. I can't wait to use them.

They are not part of this card though. I have been seeing so many people getting a jump start on their Christmas cards. So my card today is a Christmas card. I had so much fun making it. I want to do a few other ones with this particular stamp and using this same idea.

The stamp is from Great Impressions and I have had it for several years and not inked it until now. I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I added some corners cut from a Cuttlebug die "vintage" collection. Added some Flower Soft on the snow flakes.

For the winter scene I used a die from PTI to cut the hill and the little sled rider. On the hill I used some polar white Flower Soft for the snow.

On my card base I used a Cuttebug snowflake die for a little background texture. Stamped my sentiment and the card was complete.

Have to get this post completed because I am entering this card on the Great Impressions blog design team call. I am just getting this in under the wire.

So until next time......God bless.

Challenges:
1.  Great Impressions blog has a stay in the lines coloring challenge.
2,  2 Sisters has a Christmas in July challenge #100.
3.  Card Crafters Circle also has a Chrismtas in July challenge.
4.  Christmas Stampin' all year long has a "no inky yet" challenge. Use a stamp that has not been inked yet. My stamp is several years old but this is the first time I have used it.

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Mary! I love all the texture, the colors and coloring. I've wanted to try using gamsol but I work in such a tiny space I'm afraid the of the odor. I’m told it’s odorless but we have some odorless mineral spirits and it is really strong.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable...love it! Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Sisters this week.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great holiday card! Love all the little details, the embossing and die cuts and that adorable scene! Thanks for joining the challenge at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is very cute!! and your coloring is great!
    thanks for playing with us at CSAYL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card. I really like the way you have combined the houses scene with the sleding image. Very nicely done! Thank you for entering this week's Christmas challenge at Card Crafter's Circle. (P.S. I also have 4 grandchildren and in the same order as you; 3 boys and then a little girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card Hun love all the elements

    Thanks for joining us at 2Sister Challenge

    Hugs Mandy DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card should definitely put you on the team. It is a beautiful design! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, this is too cute!!! I LOVE the blue sledding silhouette!!! Thanks for joining us at CSAYL! I hope to see you at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and Technique Tuesday as well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute!
    Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sisters
    Hugs, Jill DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute scene! Love the sparkle sledding hill. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card - I love it!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello Mary, your card is soooo cute and charming, i love it, thanks to participate to CSAYL, hope to see you next week,biz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful winter wonderland! Love the added snow! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun winter scene Mary - love the colors and the cute little sledder!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is so pretty! I love the sparkly top on the hill. Thanks for playing along with us over at CSAYL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute image, lovely card!
    Thanks for sharing at Christmas Stampin All Year Long;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, Mary...this is absolutely adorable!!!! I love the cute little town in the background and what a darling diecut!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a wonderful and fun card! I love the little sledder and the flower soft snow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet holiday card Mary. Love the little houses and the die-cut image. The colors look great. I love dies! Can't wait to see what you got at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your card is adorable!
    thanks for playing this week with us at CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhh, so pretty!!! Thanks for participating in CSAYL's challenge! Hope to see you again!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is wonderful Mary... I so wish we had a winter Christmas here in Australia! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Card! I love the snow. Just beautiful. TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome job on the Great Impressions coloring challenge. Congrats on being selected for the design team. What an honor! Good luck! I'm sure you will do great things!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails